Can I take my car abroad?

If you wish to take your vehicle to Europe you must give a minimum 2 weeks’ notice as a travel pack will need to be sent to you by RAC containing the necessary documentation, including a VE103b certificate as a legal requirement. There is a small administration charge payable to RAC to issue this certificate, however, the document is valid for 12 months. Without this document you may find yourself in trouble with the authorities. The RAC will also able to advise you on any other documentation you may need such as the Crit-Air sticker for France.

Interested in finding out more?